Sunday, October 2, 2011

Adventureland

We had one full weekend of puppy activity at the Stracke household this weekend.  I took a much needed day off work on Friday to enjoy, train and play with the puppies (threw in some general housework of course too).  


Lots of new adventures for the litter - including wandering out of the yard, down the sidewalk and across a field.  We walked to the end of the cul-du-sac, down hills, up hills, through long grasses, weeds and sticks.  We walked and ran and had a great time going through tunnels, over wobble boards, and over jump bumps...really just the bars on the ground, but the puppies just love chasing so I'm not sure they even noticed them.  They are also retrieving in the hall...Not sure they were ready to retrieve with the distractions of the great outdoors just yet, but probably soon....want to make sure they get it down in the house before that.  Oh, almost forgot...they had a short car ride with me to the trap club for some exposure to gunfire~which didn't bother them a bit.  The cheese and leftover prime rib, might have helped.  So, that was our Friday and most of it we repeated on Saturday and Sunday (less the gunfire).


Earlier this week, I replaced the "pen" (whelping box) with a crate which is inside their exercise pen.  They have all learned to sit before the door opens to go outside the ex-pen and before they get their meals.  I'm so proud of the little boys.  But they are boys and do their share of rough-housing too, don't get me wrong. 


Since it was such a beautiful day, we decided to give the dogs each some "alone" fun time.  Zoe got to work on some jumps in the back and Kallie got to go to Indian Lake for a good long run and some water retrieves/swimming (I'm sure Zoe was VERY jealous).  Then we decided we'd take the pups for a (longer) car ride and to another park with water, which is usually less populated, if anyone is there at all.  They pups had so much fun running a muck in the new surroundings.  They all ventured to the water, but not all were quite willing to take the plunge of a full blown swim.  I have to admit, it was a bit chilly and rocky, I know because  I took off my shoes and socks, rolled up the pants and waded in.


Once home they all got their first (much needed) baths.  So, a very busy and adventurous weekend for the puppies, who are now, like me, exhausted!  It's true... a tired puppy is a good puppy!!


I'll see if any of the photos or videos turned out and try to post in the next day or two... so please check back.

Be well,



Rachelle

No comments: