Saturday, February 12, 2011

Getting a Little Closer...

They say, "Patience is a virtue".  Yes, I'm sure that is true, but it's one that I just don't possess right now.

Has it really only been 24 days?  It seems so much longer.  By the time we even find out whether or not Z is pregnant we'll be half way through it (pending a positive result that is).  Then I will probably be concerned about getting everything ready in time...I plan to buy a new whelping pen and found a terrific whelping pad as well~exciting stuff!

You know, I really don't recall being this concerned with the last impending litter...perhaps it fell under the "ignorance is bliss" category?  Well, whatever the results, I have certainly learned a lot and will continue to learn as I go.

And, if you are dying to know (like me) you'll have to check back in about a week - I'm planning to schedule an ultrasound for next weekend so cross those fingers and paws that we see a nice, healthy litter in there.

For now I am experiencing some winter lazies.  Too much snow and cold and not enough sun, make for a lazy girl.  To keep Zoe from getting totally bored, we've played a few games...find the glove, weave between my legs as I walk, tight right and left turns, and a little ball work, etc.  We've also done a little contact work on the travel plank as well.  But, quite possibly a favorite energy burner for both girls (both canine girls that is), - the Nature's Variety raw bones I gave them.  Those things keep them occupied off and on for days.  Thank you for raw bones!

Well, I better sign off now so I can get Zoe outdoors for a little run through the snow out back.  Last time we did that she unburied a t-bone from a snow bank...I guess her nose is still working!  And why there was a steak bone in the field back there, I do not know!  Better go now before I come up with a good excuse to stay inside.

Wishing you well!
~R

No comments: