Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving (a day late)

Hi All:  Hope you and your family had a wonderful day yesterday!  Ours was fairly quiet but nice.  Some cooking and baking, which included pumpkin pie, banana bread (just because bananas were "over-ripe"), fresh cranberries, sweet potatoes, dressing, crescent rolls and pheasant fingers (in lieu of turkey) fried in clarified butter - YUM!  Brian and the girls went out to South Dakota hunting for the first time last week and had a blast even though their trip was cut a day short due to a snow storm.  Before dinner we took the puppies and dogs all for a walk and then watched the Packer's game.

Later on, both puppies received much needed baths!  Whew, they were dirty and definitely in need of some grooming.  They are now soft and shiny and even smell good too!  I love our Tropiclean dog shampoo.  Baths, brushing, teeth brushed and nails trimmed.

Well, happy Black Friday to you...if you went shopping, I hope you got all the bargains you wanted.  As for me...I'm just happy to NOT be there (my Friday is full of black dogs anyway) :)  I'm at the Sauk Prairie Ice Rink hanging out during open hockey.  Kaden is getting in a little goalie practice today with the bigger kids and he's having a great time!
"Mom, I wanna be a GOALIE!"

No comments: